Test your Skills
Several skills and abilities are required to start your own business. Some of them can be acquired on the ongoing process of creating your business, such as communicative skills to persuade and get people involved in your project, management skills to become an efficient entrepreneur or organisation skills that help you to lead your team. But there are some personal abilities that you should possess before starting, such as passion, imagination or confidence, in order to success in your new venture.
It is therefore very important to know yourself before starting your own business. If you are wondering whether you have the potential to become an entrepreneur, take a moment to consider the following questions:
- I never let mistakes and failures overwhelm me, I can learn from them.
- The knowledge, the experiences and the training I have are adequate to make my project successful.
- I am not afraid of investing my money in a risky activity whose dividends are already calculated.
- I think that problems and obstacles can be transformed into opportunities.
- I try not to change the way things are done.
- I prefer to work on a team as a leader rather than as a member.
- I do not have any problems to convince partners, investors and other people about my success.
- I am sure I will be able to adapt to new conditions that may arise.
- I usually have ideas and like to put them into action.
- I face and solve problems as they come by.
- I am able to resolve two situations at the same time.
- I think there is always a better way of doing things.
- I would like to have a wide knowledge of my local market before starting my business.
- I never give up although I find difficulties on the way.
- Success is a matter of work and personal effort and not a matter of chance and destiny.
- I do not wait for things to happen, I try to make them happen.
- I can make people share my passion and motivation on my business.
- I am ready to take big risks to obtain results and to accept their positive and negative consequences.
- I am a firm and decisive person and I usually put others at ease.
- It is not difficult for me to make friends and to influence people.
If you have answered YES less than 5 times: you need to keep working on your skills and abilities to become an entrepreneur.
If you have answered YES between 5 and 15 times: you are already on the way, you may have the potential to become a successful entrepreneur!
If you have answered YES more than 15 times: Congratulations! You are already a successful entrepreneur!